At Mitchell Brook School there is a team dedicated to supporting families in order to achieve best outcomes for the children, their families and the whole community.
Elton 'Chucky' Scarlett
(Safeguarding & Attendance)
We are very pleased to announce various programs are available at the school. The programs are structured around supporting families reach their desired goals and bettering the relationship between parents and our school.
Here are a few of the services we hope to provide over the coming months:
• Promoting and working with parents on achieving 100% attendance and punctuality
• 1:1 emotional support for pupils and their families
• Support for parents returning or hoping to return to employment/education
• Organising family groups and activities
This is an exciting new venture for the families, students and staff at Mitchell Brook Primary School. We have high hopes that these new programs will benefit both individual and family progressions.
These programs will be facilitated by our Family Liaison Officer and Pastoral Managers.
Programs & Services to be provided by the Family Support Team
- Supporting parents/carers with return to education or employment
- CV building workshops
- Informative courses for parents covering a range of subjects
- Promoting and working with parents on achieving 100% attendance and punctuality
- Working 1:1 with pupils on building self-esteem and confidence
- Work 1:1 with students to overcome barrier towards future success
- Organising family groups and activities
- As well as supporting with long term and short term difficulties such as;
• Housing issues
• Financial issues
• Emotional challenges
• Changes in the family home