Welcome to our Families Page!
Supporting your children's return to school
As schools have not open to all students since March, you and your child may be nervous about the start of the new school year. Miss Jo from Place2Be has created a video to share some advice about how to reassure your child - please see the video below. In addition to this, please read the newsletter sent out by Ms Landreth, the headteacher, as this contains information about some of the changes that the children will see when they start school. Starting school again may not seem so different if everyone is aware of what to expect.
Information is being regularly sent out to our families, the website has been updated and if you have any additional questions, please email email@example.com and a member of staff will get back to you. All the staff at Mitchell Brook are really looking forward to welcoming our students back to school!
Starting back at school - parent video
At Mitchell Brook School there is a team dedicated to supporting families in order to achieve best outcomes for the children, their families and the whole community.
Safeguarding and Attendance
Elton 'Chucky' Scarlett
We are very pleased to announce various programs are available at the school. The programs are structured around supporting families reach their desired goals and bettering the relationship between parents and our school.
Here are a few of the services we hope to provide over the coming months:
• Promoting and working with parents on achieving 100% attendance and punctuality
• 1:1 emotional support for pupils and their families
• Support for parents returning or hoping to return to employment/education
• Organising family groups and activities
This is an exciting new venture for the families, students and staff at Mitchell Brook Primary School. We have high hopes that these new programs will benefit both individual and family progressions.
These programs will be facilitated by our Family Liaison Officer and Pastoral Managers.
Programs & Services to be provided by the Family Support Team
- Supporting parents/carers with return to education or employment
- CV building workshops
- Informative courses for parents covering a range of subjects
- Promoting and working with parents on achieving 100% attendance and punctuality
- Working 1:1 with pupils on building self-esteem and confidence
- Work 1:1 with students to overcome barrier towards future success
- Organising family groups and activities
- As well as supporting with long term and short term difficulties such as;
• Housing issues
• Financial issues
• Emotional challenges
• Changes in the family home