School Logo

Cost of Living

Cost of Living Support

The school works with the Felix Project to redistribute surplus food to families. This is high-quality and nutritious food, including a high proportion of fresh fruit and vegetables, baked goods, salads, meat and fish.

If you would like to register your interest in a food parcel, please complete the form here.


Community Support

Sufra NW London works on the front-line in the fight against hunger and poverty whilst also offering a wide range of services and community-based activities that empower individuals and families to overcome impoverishment and social isolation.

Sufra has launched a new pilot project in partnership with Brent Council at Bridge Park Leisure Centre (Harrow Rd, London, NW10 0RG) in Stonebridge – in addition to their existing core services.


Find out more here.



Finding support available to Brent Residents

If you are struggling to meet the rising costs of living - energy, food, rent, clothing etc. please visit Brent's web page: for support and ideas.


On the web page you will find support with 

  • money and debt
  • homelessness
  • energy and water bills
  • where to stay warm this winter
  • Mental help support


Brent Resident Support Fund

The Brent Resident Support Fund (RSF) is a discretionary support fund available to Brent residents who are in financial difficulties, for example struggling with food, utility bills and other household essentials. You can also apply if you are in short-term financial need because of an emergency.  


You can apply if you:

  • are a Brent resident
  • have made a maximum of one other RSF application in the last 12 months
  • aged 18 and over
  • have less than £6,000 savings
  • need support with meeting your day to day living expenses including food and utility bills
  • are not seeking support to pay for an excluded item
  • are willing to comply with any reasonable conditions concerning the payment award, including for example, support from advice agencies


The Resident Support Fund can cover:

  • increased household expenditure such as food and utility bills
  • Council Tax arrears
  • rent arrears if you are not already getting Housing Benefit or Universal credit (if you are getting Housing Benefit or Universal Credit already, you should apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment instead).
  • white goods if you have moved into a new unfurnished rented property. There will be a limit on support towards white goods of £400.
  • counselling and mental health services
  • access to the internet, a laptop or both. (You will need to apply for this using the Resident Support Fund Digital Form)
  • essentials linked to energy and water, including soap, sanitary products, winter clothing, blankets, boiler service/repair
  • paying off debts e.g. credit card loans (you will be referred to our credit union for an interest-free loan) 


You can apply here.


Get help and advice from the Brent Hubs

There are seven hubs, across the borough, work with a range of local organisations and Brent services to provide information, advice and support for housing, benefits, Council Tax, employment, digital support and much more. We can also provide emergency support for residents in urgent need, including food and fuel vouchers.


Brent Hubs Harlesden

The Designworks
Park Parade
NW10 4HT

Opening hours:
Monday and Wednesday 10:30am to 5pm


Brent Hubs Wembley Park

Brent Civic Centre
Engineers Way

Opening hours:
Monday 9am - 5pm
Tuesday - Friday 9am to 1pm